Orthodontic Problems That Invisalign Can Fix
October 19, 2023
If you have misaligned teeth, you may have been considering orthodontic treatments to straighten your teeth and get that smile you’ve always dreamed of. If so, Invisalign treatment is the ideal option for you.
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic solution that offers both convenience and comfort. It uses custom-made, removable aligners to gently shift your teeth into the desired position. They are practically invisible, making it a discreet way to achieve a beautiful smile. It also allows you to enjoy your favourite foods, maintain oral hygiene and smile without the insecurities that come with metal wires.
Benefits of Invisalign
Used to treat a range of orthodontic issues, Invisalign offers many benefits, including:
- They are a discreet solution: These clear aligners are virtually invisible, meaning you can smile confidently and freely, unlike traditional braces with metal wires and brackets.
- Gentle on your gums: They are designed to be gentle on your gums, eliminating pain and discomfort.
- Faster results: In comparison to traditional braces, Invisalign offers faster results. The exact time duration, however, will depend on factors such as the severity of your case and the underlying cause. Generally, our patients have seen results between 6 to 18 months!
- Promotes good oral health: By correcting orthodontic issues like gaps between teeth, Invisalign helps reduce plaque build-up, leading to better oral health.
- Oral hygiene made easy: Invisalign also makes maintaining your oral health and hygiene easier since they are removable. You can brush and floss your teeth easily without the hindrance of metal wires and brackets.
- Custom-made: These removable aligners are custom-made to suit your smile, ensuring effective treatment and maximum comfort.
- Removable: The ability to remove Invisalign aligners makes it a more convenient alternative than traditional braces. You can simply remove them when eating, drinking and brushing.
What Can Invisalign Fix?
Invisalign is a popular orthodontic treatment for correcting misaligned teeth and transforming your smile into a beautiful one. They are used to treat a range of minor and moderate orthodontic issues, including:
Misaligned teeth can rob the beauty of your smile and lead to functional issues, making it difficult to eat and chew. Invisalign can effectively treat this condition by gently guiding your misaligned teeth into their proper position. This process takes about 6-12 months, depending on the severity of your misaligned teeth.
Dental crowding is a condition where you have overlapping teeth. It can cause your teeth to shift forward or backward, disrupting your bite. A major cause of dental crowding is the lack of space in your mouth for your teeth to fit within your jaws. Other causes of teeth crowding include prolonged thumb sucking, poor oral care, having a misaligned jaw and dental trauma or premature loss of teeth. Invisalign can fix dental crowding by increasing the space between overlapped teeth and straightening crowded teeth that are crooked or twisted.
An overbite occurs when your upper teeth overlap the lower teeth. While a slight overlap is normal, an excessive overlapping of your upper teeth can cause dental issues, such as dental pain and difficulty eating. Invisalign can treat mild to moderate overbites by adjusting the position of your teeth.
An underbite is a condition where your lower teeth overlap your upper teeth. This overlapping of your lower teeth can lead to wear and tear of your teeth and speech difficulties. Depending on the severity of your underbite, Invisalign may be used to treat the underbite.
When your top teeth and bottom teeth don’t come/bite together properly, this condition is called a crossbite. This dental condition can wear down your teeth and result in painful gum problems if left untreated. Invisalign can be used to treat crossbites, depending on the severity, age and underlying cause.
Gaps in Teeth
Gaps between teeth aren’t just an aesthetic concern; wide spaces between teeth can also affect the alignment of other teeth and lead to plaque build-up. This can lead to certain dental problems like bad breath and tooth decay. Invisalign can help close these gaps between your teeth, improving the appearance of your smile and improving your oral health.
The Invisalign treatment process at Warrnambool Smile Dental is straightforward. It begins with an initial consultation where we will assess your smile and determine your eligibility.
If your case matches the eligibility criteria, we will take digital impressions and images of your teeth to create a customised treatment plan according to your needs and design your custom clear aligners. You will wear a set of clear aligners for about 2 weeks for up to 20 to 22 hours per day for optimal results before switching to your next set of aligners. It’s as easy as that!
If you want to know more about Invisalign treatment, contact our team at Warrnambool Smile Dental. We are platinum certified, making us one of the top Invisalign clinics in Victoria. Your smile couldn’t be in safer hands, call us to make your appointment!